- Barrels: SSK uses Shilen match grade barrels as their “standard”; however, when Shilen doesn’t make what we need, we use barrels from other manufacturers of very high quality.
- Ruger Autos: Both rifle and pistols can gain considerably by re-barreling and tuning the action and trigger. Match grade and suppressed guns are available.
- Bolt Actions: The possibilities are staggering when all guns are considered; however, most of the popular rifles have limitations which we can discuss with you. XP-100s can be had in calibers including the 2.5″ 460 Weatherby case opened to 50 which is capable of 1900 FPS with a 600 grain bullet from a 13″ barrel. We also work on Strikers and other bolt action pistols and rifles.
- AR15/M-16: Complete guns or complete upper units in all the 223 case head size calibers and Whispers®. 6 and 6.5 mm rounds on the PPC cases that are very powerful. Other wildcats. Entry guns to full match grade units. Re-barrel your upper to a differenthttp://jmwebdesignmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/BR-Whispers-003-11.jpgand/or more accurate unit. Chop your carry handle and install a dot sight mount which leaves the iron sights usable through the dot sight. Chop your carry handle and turn it into a match grade flattop with free floated barrel.
- Maintenance/Service: A firearm is much the same as an automobile in that it should be properly maintained and serviced on a regular basis. SSK will disassemble, inspect, clean and lubricate your firearm. If any parts need replacing, we can handle it on most firearms; however, we are not in the”gun repair” business and cannot efficiently handle minor repairs. We service what we sell and a lot of units we didn’t sell.
Above: T”SOB quarter rib and Contender base.
- T’SOB: The “t” stands for “tough”. This is the scope mount that stays on anything and gives the versatility to mount any scope with three or four rings. The T’SOB was the first multi-slot weaver rail type scope mount and has been widely copied but never equalled. It is machined from high tensile strength aluminum and can be made into a full length vent rib for straight bull barrels. Various type and height rings are usable with it to accommodate most scopes. However, large scopes are your worst enemy on hard kickers. We can help you by advising which scopes we have confidence in for various calibers. We usually have a large stock of various scopes.
- Arrestors: On some calibers a braking device is important. The Arrestors are well suited to the calibers they are fitted to. They are not ‘one size fits all’ but of different size, shape and configuration depending on caliber, the particular firearm and how much braking effect is desired. We normally do not vent gasses to the side in order to protect anyone to the side from debris of firing being vented in their direction. Special applications, such as machine guns and extremely hard recoiling rifles, are quoted on an individual basis.